Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"God' is In Control"


It was somewhat hard for me understand why bad things happen to so many people in Joplin, Mo. In May 2011. Was the deadliest year for tornadoes since 1950 I know and believe that God has a purpose for everything. The scriptures tells us in Isaiah 45:5-7 (NIV)

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
men may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things.
God demonstrated his control over our lives every day. Our God is absolute he has dominion and over the universe, the weather on this earth and the political climate of nations.
Some feel like quarreling with the Maker that goes far beyond the spirited dialogue that Moses, Job, and Jeremiah engaged in. Isaiah 45:9-12 (NIV) is describing an insolent assault on God's competence.
"Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter, `What are you making?' Does your work say, `He has no hands'?
Woe to him who says to his father, `What have you begotten?' or to his mother,`What have you brought to birth?'
"This is what the LORD says-- the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come,
do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands? It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.

Not only is it wrong, it is ridiculous--as ridiculous as a pot complaining about the shape the potter gives it.
In Romans 9:20, Paul applies this analogy to complaints that God had treated the Jews unfairly.
But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, `Why did you make me like this?' " Romans 9:20 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment